Pages

March 25, 2011

The Beatles, Cupcakes, and Rain


“Sounds of laughter shades of life
are ringing through my open ears
exciting and inviting me…
Limitless undying love
which shines around me like a million suns
It calls me on and on across the universe…”


I must admit - I've thoroughly enjoyed the past week of downpour, cloudy skies, and even a rainbow or two. 

There’s a certain musical melancholy about the rains – it’s gloomy without the blues.   In fact, it makes me rather chatty [ask my husband ;)] and energetic.

So this time around, besides the ginger tea and lots of music, I was in the mood for some home-baked cupcakes.

These little puppies are melting-in-your-mouth delicious!




I experimented Trader Joe's Chocolate Cake Mix and Pamela's Vanilla Frosting Mix.  Quick and easy to make, and the batter whips up smooth and silky.  

The cupcakes were nice and dark, and very-very chocolatey with an intoxicating aroma.  Not too sweet.  Just right.

Tip for vegetarians: I used Ener-G (egg substitute) available at Trader Joe’s, Wholefoods or any local grocery store.  

Now, here's one of my best songs, ever (sounds even more gooey on rainy days).  
I hope you’ll enjoy it, as much as I enjoy the rains!




Happy weekend everyone. :)


4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Harshal! Hope to see you around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!! Parcel some to Mumbai, please....Thanks for the Fab Four vid...too long since I heard them! I'm off to have a listen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know one place in Bombay that'll make up for these - Cafe Mocha. The Chocolate Lava they serve is to-die-for yummy! This song, yeah, so evergreen. Enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete